welcome to my not-so-fabulous blog :)


Thursday, September 6, 2012

you make me wanna curve the corners of my mouth

Today was a lousy day. It was bad in any way possible. I didn't exactly know why but i already sensed it since i woke up. I was grumpy and gloomy and i just didn't feel like doing anything. To say that i felt like sh*t was an understatement. (Maybe it's because i'm on my period, or maybe it's just bad luck.) Everything seemed audibly and visibly annoying, and this brought me to the shittiest mood ever. The mood spread into my mom's and then everyone and then the next thing i know is of all the bad days i've experienced before, i could crown today as one of the worst days..ever.

It all started when i went to school this morning, i got a massive-massive headache from last night (ha) and i couldn't do anything about it. Panadol or anything couldn't cover the pain and so I tried to eat ...but my body denied everything i tried to swallow. I half-heartedly went back to class and finished 3rd period. I swear it was the worst-- i didn't get the chance to swap places for the class retreat, and then another bad thing happened, and it just went like a cycle, or a circle; bad things happened one after another and long story short, finally i got the chance to go home and clear my mind.

While walking home, i counted all the steps and within every step, i tried to memorize about all the bad things i've experienced lately. Not only today-- these past few weeks i've been getting a whole lot of problems. Some blame fate, some blame karma, but i think it's just bad luck. When i reached home, everything was still not as good as what i expected. I couldn't connect my house' wifi to my mac and my iPod and i thought to myself, the world is slowly coming to an end.

That was the final thing and suddenly an idea filled into the peak of my head and as cliche as it is, i felt like that cheesy speechbubble filled with a lamp on top of me clinked and i thought, why don't you try to make yourself happy?

I opened my ms word and i made a list of all the things that make me happy. And not so long after that, i wander into my own thoughts.

The first thing that popped into my mind was the kooks' song called Junk Of The Heart. The intro never fails to amuse me, and also She&Him's This Is Not A Test comes next on the list. The next thing that makes me happy is the fact that I like to think that i'm on a movie, like all the problems i'm facing right now is the climax, and then things will sort by itself (which is nonsense in real life) and then, cut! Roll the credits, please. Other than that i like to pretend that i'm a singer and my bath tub is the stage where i perform. People may not know this but i think i'm quite decent at singing. My showercap says so. And after that i like to dance naked-- only in my robe and spin the belt around and around. The next thing might sound a bit corny but people who are madly in love with each other make me happy. They make me realize that love isn't just a piece of time in the world, it's actually worth waiting for, you know? Hehe. And the last thing that makes me happy is being naked. Being naked is liberating, i feel so free and i don't know, it feels good.

Time flies fast when you don't have too much time on your hands. And by that the next thing i knew that it was short to midnight when i was listening to piledriver waltz by the arctic monkeys. It's a routine-- to close my eyes everytime i play this song, and so i tried to relax all the tenses i've had before. I could hear the outside noises sneaking through my earphones, to be honest, it surprisingly pleased me--it was soft and moist, yet it still remained quiet somehow. The tunes cheered me up in some way and suddenly it made me happy. Well this thing is simple, but it made me smile.

See? After all, today wasn't that bad. In fact, everything isn't that bad after all. Whenever you feel like there's nothing you can do to fight all the problems ...just look on the bright side. (No seriously.) I usually don't pay attention to all the small but good things that happen to myself. I only focus on the bad things and i forgot about being free about having all of these things i have right now, about how blessed i am, etc etc. Maybe we're all too focused on all the bad things that happen to ourselves and we forgot about how fun life could be. What about dancing naked and singing off-key and just leave your morning commute? Be happy while you can. I think you should just forget all your problems for a while, take off your clothes, put on your robe and dance to Lady Gaga. (Gonna be okay. Doo-doo-doo-doo Just dance.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment