welcome to my not-so-fabulous blog :)


Sunday, March 20, 2016

+365

Today marks exactly 1 year after our unexpected encounter last March.

A simple congratulation after my performance opened our conversation. A million thoughts crossed my mind after looking up on the screen and saw your name. It's been what--2 years, after the last time that I'd seen you, and things weren't so nice for us back then, right? As I clicked to see how you look now on your display picture, I realized that you looked different. Your hair's different--you used to have that slick style hair that made girls swoooon--and your signature 'stache ain't there anymore, plus your skin had been more tan compared to the last time that I'd seen you. "How have you been? Have you been well? Where are you now?" and other formalities started to run through my head, waiting to be said to you. But "are you seeing someone right now?" was somehow far from one of those questions. Because well, our second encounter was somehow closer to a friendly banter, rather than a flirty one.

It was funny to talk to you again, because it made me remember those strange feelings during freshman year. You were always that senior guy that stood out at the hallway, looking super good, and I was just.. meh. I still remember that day--first day of school to be exact, when you helped me open the door to my class, I was completely stunned and swooned. (There, I said it!)  Remembering those stupid salad days could almost relive those feelings again--but then reality came knocking through my door and I thought to myself that we wouldn't ever happen. Not in a world where "good" things happen to me. I wasn't that attracted to you as well, because we were too different. And it strangely felt too good to be true. Us, we were always too good to be true anyway right?

As time passed and I started talking to you on a daily basis again, I got the chance to know you even more than I did before. Things started to feel more 'realistic' when our personalities started to unravel here and there. Afterall, you weren't that ridiculously sexy-pushed-back-hair senior that I've known before; you've totally changed and matured; from the way that you thought, spoke--it all changed. And it made me realize how much I had been missing. I solemnly swear that I regret ignoring you during freshman year; because who knew you were really this amazing? I regret all those times I've spent without you, because I believe things would've been so much better with you in it.

Anyway, life is funny and so full of surprises, ain't it? The other day, I spent my first break adoring my sexy-pushed-back-hair senior, but then the next time around, I'm dating him. Who knew life could be this way? Needless to say, I'm glad I'd found my way back to you. Better yet, I'm glad that we'd found our way back to each other.

And.. I hope you feel the same way too. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment